Did you know that the right kind of landscaping can improve the efficiency of your home or business and help you save money on your utility bill?
5 statistics that perfectly-placed trees can help reduce you cooling and heating costs:
- A well-positioned tree can save up to 25 percent of your home’s energy for heating and cooling.
- A tree-shaded yard can be up to 6 degrees cooler than a sunny yard. A shaded lawn can be up to 25 degrees cooler than sunny pavement.
- Shading your home’s roof can increase your air conditioner’s energy efficiency by more than 10 percent.
- A single shade tree equals the cooling power of 15 air conditioners — and it runs for free!
- Three house-shading trees can cut your cooling bill by as much as half.
Taking time to plan the placement of trees on your site will have tremendous benefits to reducing your cooling cost. Contact us for a free consultation for adding landscaping features that will improve energy-efficiency.
Need help from a professional?
Home & Turf has knowledgeable staff that can work with you to apply some of these tips to your commercial or residential property. We offer a full-range of landscape, hardscape, design, and maintenance services in the Richmond – Hampton Roads – Northern Neck triangle of Virginia. Contact us for a free consultation for your next outdoor project!